Master Diploma in Emergency Medical Services
This course enables the candidate to gain experience in the Emergency health services specially related to provision of pre-hospital care and transport of the sick and injured.An Emergency Medical Service (EMS) can be defined as “a comprehensive system which provides the arrangements of personnel, facilities and equipment for the effective, coordinated and timely delivery of health and safety services to victims of sudden illness or injury.”
The aim of EMS focuses on providing timely care to victims of sudden and life-threatening injuries or emergencies in order to prevent needless mortality or long-term morbidity. The function of EMS can be simplified into four main components; accessing emergency care, care in the Community, care en route, and care upon arrival to receiving care at the health care facility.
Extensive practical training includes:
- Patient transport
- Airway and ventilation management
- Trauma assessment and treatment
- Life support
- and much more.
Introduction of Disasters, Types & phases of Disasters
- Definition & Classification of disaster
- Hazards, Vulnerability, Risk Analysis
- Phases of disaster (Preparedness, Response, Mitigation, Rehabilitation)
Role of Community in Disaster
- Composition of Community
- Role & Responsibilities of -Govt., Central & State, Corporate Sectors, NGO’s, Individual
Environmental laws, Rules and Audit
- Constitutional Provisions for Environmental Protection in India
- International Environmental Laws
- Audit-Definition, types, Benefits
Emergency methods for carrying of casualty
- Factors deciding selection of methods for carrying casualties
- Different Types of methods
- Practical exercise
Rescue operation in different types of Emergencies
- Search, Rescue and Evacuation in various types of disasters
- Stages of search and rescue operation
- Self-Rescue, rescue by self-help group
- Organize Search & Rescue team
- Priority of rescue
Accident Prevention, Reporting, Registration Investigation
- Types-Industrial Accidents, Transportation accidents etc.
- Causes of accidents
Fire-Home Safety, Workplace Safety
- Types of fire
- Types of fire extinguishers
- Evacuation during fire (smoke logged room)
- Emergency Evacuation plan
- Demonstration & Practical
- Handling of Medical Emergencies
- Handling of Injury Emergencies
- Practical Training
- CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation)& Introduction of AED
- Hands on Training
- Over view of the human body
- Assessing emergencies and Victims pre hospitalization
- Respiratory and cardiac emergencies
- Environmental and behavioral emergencies
- Medico-legal Issues of EMS
- EMT- Basic Pharmacology
- Drug and Alcohol related crises
- Trauma Emergencies
- Functioning in the pre hospital care environment
Master Diploma Courses FAQ’s
This a 1 year, full time, in-house training program. Students will be posted for practical training in the respective departments, in any shift on rotational basis.
You will be trained under our team of senior and experienced doctors at the hospital for practical session and clinical exposure.
Any Medical Graduate can enroll for the Course like MBBS/ BHMS/ BAMS/ BUMS etc.
For hands-on training, we have a full – fledged hospital setup with the team of senior and experienced doctors
If you register for an online course, lecture series will be provided online.
To acquire hands-on training, you can take the training at your place/ network hospital. Students will have to submit a joining letter from that respective hospital.
Thanks to recent technological developments and because many people wish to have flexible study schedules while working, many educational institutions now offer online diploma programs in a variety of healthcare disciplines. It is important to keep in mind that while some Adv. Ddiploma programs are available entirely online, others may require acquiring hands-on clinical experience, which can usually be arranged in the student’s locality or completed on-campus.
The course comes under the National Development Agency, BSS, Chennai promoted by the Planning Commission, Govt. of India. And does not come under any Board or University. Adv. Diplomas are highly valued by employers, as they demonstrate that the candidate is familiar with most recent developments in the health sector and has specialized knowledge and skills critical for the healthcare industry.
The final exam will be conducted through Online MCQs and VIVA will be conducted through Skype.
50% is the minimum passing percentage.
You have to repeat the exams.
Yes. Stipend will be given from the second month of posting, depending on your work performance.
Yes, Hostel facility is available only for female students.
- Click on the Enroll Now button above and you will be directed to the Application Form page.
- Fill in all the required details and upload your education documents.
- You can make the online fee payment through SCAN QR code (Phone Pay, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, BHIM UPI, Paytm)
- Once you submit the form, education documents, and course fee, you will receive a confirmation e-mail from our side.
Please Note: We only accept online filled application forms and online payment. There is no other mode of enrolling into our courses.
Cancellation will be considered within 10 days of registration, 75% of the amount will get refunded.
As soon you enroll yourself, you will get an email from our side on your registered email id stating the confirmation of your admission. After that, within the stipulated time period you will receive a welcome email containing your login credentials of the course, program guidance book and course curriculum with important dates. You can proceed with studies as per the course commencement dates.
After the successful completion of exam and formal procedures, you will get the Certificate at your registered postal address.