Master Diploma in Diabetology
India is the world capital of diabetes. More than 5.5 crores have diabetes and 8.5 crores have pre-diabetes. Extensive training for management of disease and its complications is a need of the hour. The course is planned and will be executed the same idea.
Extensive practical training includes:
- Diabetic OPD / wards
- Rotation in Neuroclinic / Foot clinic
- Rotation in Neuroclinic / Foot clinic
- Rotation in Cardiology (CCU, Cath lab) /strong>
- Rotation in Neuroclinic / Foot clinic
- Rotation in ICU/dialysis unit
- New Technologies in Diabetes management
- Rotation in Ophthalmology
- MNT and patient education
- And Much More………
Module 1: Diabetes Basics
- Introduction, Definition, History and Epidemiology of Diabetes.
- Classification and Etiopathogenesis of Diabetes.
- Diagnosis, Symptoms, Signs and Investigations in Diabetes.
- Metabolic Syndrome.
- Prevention of Diabetes.
- Understanding Glycemia, Monitoring of Glycemic Control.
- Developing Strategy for Management: A Case Study.
- Patient education, Behavioral Aspects & Health Care Delivery.
- Diet Modifications.
- Exercise and Yoga in Diabetes.
Module 1 – Objective
- To learn epidemiology of Diabetes
- To learn the basics of diabetes -Etiopathogenesis, Signs and Symptoms and Diagnosis of Diabetes.
- To learn the basic difference between type 1 and type 2 Diabetes
- To learn Preventive measures for Diabetes
Module 1 – Outcome
- Doctors can diagnose Diabetes very easily
- Doctors can advise general public for prevention of Diabetes
- Learn the exact symptomatology to differentiate between type 1 and type 2 Diabetes.
- Start the first line of treatment to patients as soon as one diagnoses Diabetes.
Module 2: Diabetes and Core Therapy
- Sulfonylurea and Meglitinides
- Alpha Glucosidase Inhibitors and Bromocriptine.
- Management of Obesity.
- Post Prandial Hyperglycemia.
- Insulin Treatment in Clinical Practice.
- Monitoring of Blood glucose and Self-Monitoring.
- Preventing Diabetic Ulcer and Diabetic Foot.
- Intensive Glycemic Control: Lessons from recent trials
Module 2 – Objective
- To learn basic /traditional treatment for Diabetic patients.
- To learn self-help to Diabetic patients by exercise and yoga.
- To learn how to manage obesity.
- To learn of basics of Insulin therapy.
Module 2- Outcome
- Learn drug dosages of basic medicines to treat diabetes.
- Learn latest known side effects and of basic drugs to use them more safely.
- Learn the limitations of traditional drugs in diabetes.
- Students should have learned self-help in diabetes like exercise and yoga, diet modifications and management of obesity.
Module 3: Diabetes and Advance Therapy
- Incretin based therapy in Management of Diabetes.
- Intensification of Insulin Therapy (Including Analogues).
- Management of Type 1 Diabetes and Insulin Pumps.
- Hypoglycemia in Diabetic.
- Management of Hypertension in Diabetes.
- Diabetic Dyslipidemia.
- How to manage diabetes in Pregnancy?
- Vitamin D Deficiency.
- Diabetes and Testosterone Deficiency.
Module 3- Objective
- To learn advance therapy in Diabetes.
- To learn more modern latest drugs available to treat Diabetes
- To learn Diabetes and other co-morbid conditions.
- To learn how to manage Diabetes in pregnancy.
Module 3 – Outcome
- Learn drug dosages of latest medicines to treat diabetes.
- Learn the latest surveys and studies conducted across the globe to know more about most modern drugs in diabetes treatment.
- Learn to prevent, diagnose & treat the co-morbid conditions in diabetes like hypertension, dyslipidemia, Vitamin D deficiency, testosterone deficiency etc.
- Learn about latest available insulin-its dosages, effects, side effects and limitations.
Module 4: Diabetes and Complications
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis & Hyperosmolar Non-ketotic state (HONK).
- Diabetes and Infections.
- Diabetic Nephropathy.
- Diabetic Retinopathy.
- Coronary Artery Disease in diabetes.
- Novel Cardiovascular Risk Markers.
- Diabetic Neuropathy.
- Diabetic Autonomic Neuropathy and Sexual Problems in Diabetic Patients.
- Diabetic Foot.
Module 4- Objective
- To learn different complications of Diabetes.
- To learn how to prevent the complications.
- To learn how to diagnose and treat the complications.
- To learn the management of diabetic foot.
Module 4- Outcome
- Learn to prevent, diagnose and treat the complication of Diabetes like nephropathy, neuropathy, Retinopathy and coronary artery disease in Diabetic patients.
- Learn drugs and their dosages to treat infections in Diabetes.
- Learn about autonomic neuropathy and Sexual Problems in Diabetic Patients.
- Learn about diabetic foot-its diagnosis, systemic and local treatment, and its limitations.
Master Diploma Courses FAQ’s
This a 1 year, full time, in-house training program. Students will be posted for practical training in the respective departments, in any shift on rotational basis.
You will be trained under our team of senior and experienced doctors at the hospital for practical session and clinical exposure.
Any Medical Graduate can enroll for the Course like MBBS/ BHMS/ BAMS/ BUMS etc.
For hands-on training, we have a full – fledged hospital setup with the team of senior and experienced doctors
If you register for an online course, lecture series will be provided online.
To acquire hands-on training, you can take the training at your place/ network hospital. Students will have to submit a joining letter from that respective hospital.
Thanks to recent technological developments and because many people wish to have flexible study schedules while working, many educational institutions now offer online diploma programs in a variety of healthcare disciplines. It is important to keep in mind that while some Adv. Ddiploma programs are available entirely online, others may require acquiring hands-on clinical experience, which can usually be arranged in the student’s locality or completed on-campus.
The course comes under the National Development Agency, BSS, Chennai promoted by the Planning Commission, Govt. of India. And does not come under any Board or University. Adv. Diplomas are highly valued by employers, as they demonstrate that the candidate is familiar with most recent developments in the health sector and has specialized knowledge and skills critical for the healthcare industry.
The final exam will be conducted through Online MCQs and VIVA will be conducted through Skype.
50% is the minimum passing percentage.
You have to repeat the exams.
Yes. Stipend will be given from the second month of posting, depending on your work performance.
Yes, Hostel facility is available only for female students.
- Click on the Enroll Now button above and you will be directed to the Application Form page.
- Fill in all the required details and upload your education documents.
- You can make the online fee payment through SCAN QR code (Phone Pay, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, BHIM UPI, Paytm)
- Once you submit the form, education documents, and course fee, you will receive a confirmation e-mail from our side.
Please Note: We only accept online filled application forms and online payment. There is no other mode of enrolling into our courses.
Cancellation will be considered within 10 days of registration, 75% of the amount will get refunded.
As soon you enroll yourself, you will get an email from our side on your registered email id stating the confirmation of your admission. After that, within the stipulated time period you will receive a welcome email containing your login credentials of the course, program guidance book and course curriculum with important dates. You can proceed with studies as per the course commencement dates.
After the successful completion of exam and formal procedures, you will get the Certificate at your registered postal address.
Master Diploma in Diabetology ₹151000.
Fee Schedule :
- The courses whose fee is ₹ 151000,
- First installment is of ₹ 76000
- Second installment of ₹ 76000